After Christmas came in like a wrecking ball and hit my bank account, I told myself I would stop spending money on things I didn’t need. I turned a blind eye to advertisements and sales, but I knew there was only a matter of time before I gave in to the advances of my favorite companies. I had no idea the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette was coming out, then I started seeing it everywhere – YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, everywhere. Supposedly, the palette won’t be available at Macy’s, Dillard’s, and other stores for weeks. I like to try the products out at the store before I make my purchase, but I couldn’t hold out, and just like that, my little spending hiatus was over.
Here are my thoughts on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette:
- 18 lip colors for $48 and free shipping
- The quality – my lips didn’t feel dry, the shades are very pigmented
- The brush/spatula and mixing plate – I’m ready to get creative
- The shades are matte
- I wish the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette would’ve included a mirror (hopefully vol. 2 will have one)
- The primary colors could use a bit more product, I’ll probably be using them more to mix colors
- Too many nude toned shades
Overall, I really like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette. I think it’s well worth the money. Do I think these lip colors are the greatest of all time? No, and I will continue to buy from other companies, but I like the idea of this palette and what it allows you to do. I look forward to more of these palettes, hopefully not too soon though; I need time to recuperate financially.