It’s that time of year again. Everyone’s talking about what they want for Christmas, so I decided to come up with my own little millennial Christmas list.
When you were a kid you wanted all sorts of crap: Barbie’s, baby dolls, bicycles, and big wheels. Then you got a little older and started asking for things like: backstreet boys CDs, jewelry makers, and giga pets. Looking back as somewhat of an “adult” I’m thinking of how stupid I was. I should’ve been asking for cash or money to go in a savings account. Well, it clearly doesn’t matter now.
Now that I’m getting closer and closer to 30, my Christmas list has become a bit more reasonable – well I’d like to think it is.
Here’s my millennial Christmas list:
- Car note payment
- If #2 isn’t possible, then how about a car insurance payment.
- Socks – I hated getting socks as a kid, but I need them now more than ever, plus socks are f**king expensive… $10 a pack!
- Oil change
- Gift card to a restaurant – for those days when I’m too broke to feed myself
- Gas gift card would be nice too
- Student loan payment – please help me put a dent in this s**t!
- A donation to my savings account
- This one is more personal – don’t give me anything, I don’t really need anything. If you plan on giving me a gift, use your money to buy a gift for Toys for Tots, donate to Hosea Feed the Hungry, or sponsor a family.
I’m posting this before Thanksgiving just to give people a little more time to check my list out. So now that you’ve read my list, what do you want for Christmas? Also, what do you have planned for this holiday season?